Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Share

Bing Vs Google

I've been testing BING for a while now,It is a search engine,similar to Google,but it is NOT Google... then what is it??? a better product than Google or is it just a metaphor.
I played around with both side by side , and this is what I felt:
Main Page Size: Both have almost equal page size, 14KB with 4 http request and 15KB with 1 http request for Google and Bing respectively. Page loading times are almost equal for both the search engines.
UI:I liked the concept of the home page background image changing every day on BING. When you float over it, you find the hidden "Easter eggs" that lead you on some interesting and unexpected links. So, full marks to Microsoft's Bing.
Web Search Results:Web search results for a simple search query: When I searched "karthik" ,Google fetched me double the search results.



Image Search: This is a place where bing needs a lot of improvement. When I did an image search on myself, google gave me results from linkedin, Twitter, Facebook ..etc. Bing didn't give me any relevant image search result. Well, bing's mouse over features are good. But the image search is really bad.
Video Search: Almost same, mainly from youtube and other video streaming sites.
Well, Bing reached at 2nd place in the search engine war, after google, ahead of yahoo search and ask.com. I think that the market share of google will remain unchanged but bing will take away yahoo's and ask's market share. I am definitely not shifting to Bing, from Google.

Current Mood:Dorky

Current Music:Khuda Jaane

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Edge Of Reason| by KK